Dear Friends of Stony Kill,
At the recent Not-So-Haunted Barn event, a boy of 8 years old left the Greenhouse where he met Cindy the Snake Charmer. “Oh boy! I got to hold a snake! It was awesome!” He walked away enamored by his experience. That night, that moment, that event will resonate with that little boy forever. These are the powerful impacts that happen at Stony Kill Farm on a daily basis. These are the magical moments that make memories. Stony Kill is a special and timeless place that transcends the generations. And for each and every one of us that is reading this letter, we all have cherished memories of the farm.
This State-owned facility is operated by the Stony Kill Foundation tasked with keeping the historical farm operational, complete with the iconic barn filled with livestock. All that happens on the farm is accomplished with a small team of part-time paid staff members, active board members, interns and 150 amazing volunteers always ready and willing to do what needs to be done. Running this farm, however, takes more than volunteer hours; it also takes money to keep the farm the vibrant place it is. Please consider a donation today. As you write your check or donate online, consider some of the great accomplishments this year that were made possible by the generous support of members, donors and sponsors:
- In 2020 the Foundation reached an agreement with the NYSDEC to open the Learning Center. After a 10 year hiatus we are excited to open the doors once again.
- The Foundation expanded garden plot rentals with the generous support of the Community Foundation.
- San Miguel Academy from Newburgh comes weekly and many other local schools enjoy increased and expanded on-site educational programming.
- In its first year, the Stony Ground 4-H club conducted many great projects featured at the Dutchess County Fair.
- Trails were reopened from the May 2018 macro-burst storms.
- Six amazing public events welcomed thousands of people to the farm.
To continue such amazing programs and services we need the financial support of patrons and friends. Please consider making a contribution so the doors stay open and continue to keep agricultural history alive in the Hudson Valley.
The Stony Kill Foundation is a not-for-profit and all contributions are tax deductible. Every dollar matters. With your support, we pledge to do our best to create new opportunities for everyone to enjoy the special and timeless place we all love and know as Stony Kill Farm. You can mail your donation back in the self-addressed envelope or donate online at https://stonykill.org/donate.
Timothy J. Stanley
Stony Kill Foundation
You can easily donate to Stony Kill Foundation here:
Or make checks payable to:
Stony Kill Foundation
79 Farmstead Lane
Wappingers Falls, NY 12590