Stony Kill Foundation oversees the daily operations and community programming at Stony Kill Farm Environmental Education Center in Wappingers Falls, NY. Our mission is to educate the public and cultivate environmental stewardship through interpretation of the rich historical, environmental and agricultural heritage of Stony Kill Farm.
Thousands of people visit the 1000-acre farm each year, participating in our signature environmental education programs, growing fruits and veggies in the community garden, hiking the trails, and enjoying the outdoors. The beautiful Stony Kill Farm is a place where people from all backgrounds and walks of life can slow down, admire the scenery, and connect with the environment.
Stony Kill Foundation is committed to fostering inclusivity and diversity at work and throughout our programs connecting people with the history, agriculture, and environment of Stony Kill Farm.
Summer Internships available
SKF is hiring four Naturalist Interns (paid) to join our energetic education team at the farm. Summer Interns contribute to the planning, preparation, and delivery of our Summer Explorers Camp program. These 2-month positions will begin in June 2021 and are well suited for those who enjoy the outdoors and have a talent for teaching and inspiring curiosity in others!
- Lead environmental and agricultural activities and lessons for the 6-week Summer Explorers Camp program.
- Assist with Summer Explorers Camp planning and preparation which will include research, creating daily activities and themes, and compiling materials.
- Attend a week-long training session for camp.
- Run activities for birthday parties, scout events, and tours at the farm.
- Assist with farm tasks including feeding animals, mucking barn, restocking feed, organizing barn areas, general cleanup, moving hay bales and equipment, etc.